More than 130 years and we're just getting started!
Wilhelm Koreska establishes the mother company of Kores in Vienna, Austria. He opens a retail shop to sell office supplies and coated papers. Seizing an opportunity, he buys a formula for the coating of carbon paper, and the whole family starts with the manual production of carbon paper. Thus, first Kores branded hand made carbon paper is produced.
Kores became iconic in Italy of the late 1950s. The facade of the palace Carminati at Piazza Duomo (the main square in front of the Duomo Cathedral in Milan) was towered with the memorable Kores logo showing female typewriter. This sign became an eblem of the "female work revolution". The movement had its boom in the 1970-1980s. The female workers were invisible for many employers of that period of time. However, it was impossible not to notice "La signora Kores" on the top of the building. Whereas other neon signs and advertisements changed and disappeared, Kores Lady stayed there until 1989.
1) La signorina Kores e le altre. Milano 1950-1970. Web. Date of access: 2.04.2019. URL: http://www.enciclopediadelledonne.it/la-signorina-kores-e-le-altre/
2) Milano Duomo - Quando palazzo Carminati sembrava Time Square. Web. Date of access: 2.04.2019. URL: https://blog.urbanfile.org/2018/09/20/milano-duomo-quando-palazzo-carminati-sembrava-time-square/
3) Piero Castglioni. Restituiamo la Piazza alla Cittá. Web. Date of access: 2.04.2019. URL: https://milano.corriere.it/led/opere/59/index.shtml
In the 1970s KORES used to support the car racing teams that were taking part in the prestigious automobile races "24 Hours of Le Mans". This is the world's oldest active sports car race in endurance racing, held annually since 1923 near the town of Le Mans, France. Several French teams were driving the cars branded with Kores logo.
Nowadays these cars can be seen at the "Le Mans Classic" - the vintage sports car event held on the grounds of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The cars that competed in 1970s are racing again, and they still look the same.
1) Mega Gallery and Report: 2016 Spa Classic. Web. Date of access: 31.05.2016. URL: http://www.motorsportretro.com/2016/05/mega-gallery-and-report-the-2016-spa-classic/
2) Photo credit: Paul Kooyman. Web. Date of access: 8.07.2016. URL: http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Le_Mans-1978-06-11.html
3) Photo credit: Alain Jourdainne. Web. Date of access: 8.07.2016. URL: http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1979/Le_Mans-1979-06-10-039a.jpg
Launch of Kores Eco Glue Stick - patented glue made of 75% renewable resources. The Austrian government awarded Kores with the Austrian Ecolabel for the production of environmentally friendly glue sticks. Worldwide launch of Kores Eco Universal Glue - extra strong liquid glue made of 100% natural and eco-friendly resources.